Bathing your loved ones helps keep them healthy, not to mention it makes them feel refreshed. You may be familiar with how a caregiver bathes your loved one if you’ve enlisted the assistance of a Home Healthcare Agency.
To maintain personal hygiene, give them bed baths 2-3 times each week. Prepare washcloths, bath towels, two washbasins, soap, and a waterproof sheet to keep the bed dry.
Carers undergoing a Homehealth Care Internship are required to learn the basics of keeping a patient clean, and you should too! If you are new to the methods of taking care of a senior or a loved one with a disability, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Make sure the room is not too cold or too warm.
- Step 2: Place the waterproof sheet under the person.
- Step 3: Wash your hands or wear gloves.
- Step 4: Remove clothing only for the areas that you’re going to wash.
- Step 5: Start with the face, ears, and neck.
- Step 6: Wash one arm at a time, and then the hands.
- Step 7: Wash the chest and belly.
- Step 8: Wash one left after another, then the feet and between the toes.
- Step 9: Roll the person on their side to wash their back
- Step 10: Replace the water with fresh warm water
- Step 11: Use a new washcloth to clean their genital areas as respectfully as possible
- Step 12: Wash and rinse their hair with fresh water.
You can trust our Accessible Health Care in Missouri to provide you with assistance.
A Hard Act To Follow can provide your loved ones with comprehensive Home Healthcare Services in St. Louis, Missouri. Contact us today at 314-328-1355.
A Hard Act To Follow is a community that believes in advocacy! WE DON’T MIND fighting for what’s right!
CEO – Danny Lawrence
Leave a Reply